Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Seat of the Soul, Gary Zukav

Georges de La Tour, Magdalen with the Smoking Flame, ca. 1640
(July 21) I tend to measure these psychological / woo-woo books against Abraham-Hicks thinking, because theirs is the most consistent explanation of the meaning of life I've come across. 

So I was worried when Zukav showed signs of being Christian-centric: Jesus is always one of his first examples of an enlightened point of view, and, though he mixes in Buddha, Gandhi and a few other spiritual leaders very conscientiously, you can sense that Christianity is a strong force for him. 

But in the end I would say that Zukav’s point of view is perfectly at one with anything the A-H people try to say; he’s just a little more moralistic about it all…he's like the OCD version of A-H, very specific and regimental, very detail-oriented. But I feel like he comes out to the same thing…. let your inner guide guide you, do the right thing because the karma from it is so rewarding, enjoy life the way you were designed to, be kind.

1 comment:

Susan W. said...

The last two chapters, on Power and Trust, really spoke to me. I must go to the website for the study guide on those. http://seatofthesoul.com/sg/sg15/